We absolutely love apple recipes and we love muffins, so apple muffins are extra special! A great seasonal snack, whip up a batch with this easy recipe and serve for breakfast, or pack one in your kids' lunchbox.
Ingredients for the Muffins:
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 peeled, cored, diced apples (about 3)
Ingredients for the Streusel Topping:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Cream together sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Add the diced apples.
- Fill paper liners ¾ full.
- In a separate bowl, combine streusel topping, cutting butter in with a fork or pastry blender.
- Once incorporated, top each muffin with a tablespoon of streusel topping.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clear.