If you’re looking for a great snack recipe, a classic loaf of Zucchini Bread is always welcome. During the summer, farmer’s markets and grocery stores are overflowing with gorgeous, vibrant zucchinis, so it’s nice to turn some into asweet treat instead of using it just for savory dishes.
I love this simple recipe because it is so easy and it is great for cooking with kids. My daughter LOVES to get involved with stirring the ingredients and pouring it all into the pan. It even makes a terrific school or camp snack, and zucchini bread also freezes well, so I often save a few loaves for winter.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cups sugar
2 cups freshly grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease one 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl stir together eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. Make sure this mixture is fully combined.
4. Carefully pour flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring until completely combined.
5. Pour entire mixture into loaf pans and bake for 40 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.