During the stages of pregnancy and breastfeeding our bodies go through so many physical changes and the needs and requirements of our everyday diet changes during this time. During pregnancy, mums to be need to consume 2.3 to 2.6L of water per day, to cope with the demands of their changing bodies and to prevent dehydration. However 75% of pregnant and breastfeeding women find it hard to meet their daily hydration needs, especially as there is only so much water they can drink and the alternatives, up until now, have not always been the healthiest option.
Introducing aquamamma®️, A formulated beverage specifically developed by an Australian obstetrician to help meet the hydration and electrolyte needs of pregnant and breastfeeding women. It helps during all stages of pregnancy, labour and breastfeeding. aquamamma®️ contains added folic acid and is low in sugar (2.5 g per 100ml), calories and sodium. It is made in Australia, is packaged in a BPA-free bottle and comes in three great tasting flavours: mixed berry, lemon and orange.
I always find it so interesting to find out new facts about anything pregnancy related; it’s absolutely amazing how much the body changes and has different requirements during the pregnancy and breastfeeding stages. Some interesting facts I learnt about hydration during pregnancy are:
- During pregnancy, the total fluid in the body increases by about 1.4L
- During pregnancy, blood volume increases by about 50%
- Drinking enough water helps prevent dehydration, which can lead to symptoms such as thirst, fatigue, dark urine, dizziness, and headaches
- Water accounts for 87% of breast milk
- Breastfeeding mothers experience an increased water loss via breast milk of approximately 700mL per day
- The recommended daily intake of fluid for breastfeeding women is up to 2.6L per day
I have been drinking aquamamma®️ throughout my pregnancy and truly believe it is a must have for all expecting mothers. There is only so much water you can drink before it becomes boring and along with dehydration, there are those sweet cravings you get, so reaching for a bottle of aquamamma is one way to combat both of those at the same time while not having to worry about sugar or calorie content.
You would be interested to know that the aquamamma®️ beverages are:
- Low Sugar – Contain only 2.5g sugar per 100mL. This is enough to make it really drinkable but it is less than the sugar contents of other drinks. See sugar content comparisons on aquamamma.com.au
- Low Calorie – Contain 47 kJ/100mL which is significantly less than other drinks.
- Low in Sodium – Contain 15mg of sodium per 100mL
- Folic Acid – Contains a small amount of folic acid to help meet the daily needs of pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Made in Australia
- Available for purchase from pharmacies & online at www.aquamamma.com.au
I would have been lost without my aquamamma®️ beverages during this pregnancy and always have one in the fridge to grab and go, whether I’m heading out, or just to drink throughout the day at home. They are my ultimate must have beverage and have seriously been such a lifesaver. I’m all stocked up so I have enough to get me through the next phase – breastfeeding!
If you would like to find out more or purchase some, head over to the aquamamma®️ website.