Running out of time to wrap a few last minute gifts?
You can always throw them into a gift bag, but for impact try one of these easy ideas using items you may already have on hand.
These brown paper packages are not tied up with string, but with newspaper, a vintage earring, and yarn.
1. Cut out letters from newspaper and glue on recipient of your gifts name on the package.Man Made DIY
2. Tie ribbon around the package and clip a vintage earring on over the knot. In My Own Style
3. Yarn pom-poms are quick to make. Tie a few onto your gift packages. Bugs and Fishes
Use your computer, your word processing software, and printer to make quick personalized gift-wrap and tags.
1. Choose a decorative font and create a monogram or an initial. Print out on card stock and cut out. Use a hole punch and curling ribbon to attach it to a plain bag. I shredded old book pages in a paper shredder to make the filler for the bags. No bag? Use white parchment or freezer paper as chic wrap. Tie a jingle bell along with a computer generated initial on with ribbon.
2. Create the receivers name using a different color for each letter. Print out on regular weight printer paper. If the box is bigger than the paper – use 2 pieces of paper. Cover the seam where the paper overlaps with ribbon to hide.
1. Cut out the design on a Christmas card and attach to a string of beads or ribbon. Tie onto the handle of the bag. BH&G.com
2. Cut out a page from a book or a sheet of music. Punch a hole into the top and tie on the bag with festive ribbon. Hot glue an old earring or pin to the top of the tag.